What is IDEA Hour?
Change often induces feelings of unease, unsettlement, and fear among individuals, which can manifest as negative workplace interactions. Educating teams and colleagues on the fundamentals of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) can mitigate these negative feelings and facilitate coping with uncertainty.
CCDI Consulting presents the IDEA Hour, a lunch-and-learn webinar series aimed at equipping participants with practical knowledge and skills to address workplace discrimination, aggressive conduct, biased reactions, and other negative behaviours.
The series comprises foundational sessions designed to spark interest in IDEA, initiate conversations, align understanding, and cultivate awareness for further exploration.
- A series of four educational training programs consisting of 60-minute facilitator-led webinars.
- Sessions are delivered over a condensed period, such as once a week over four weeks, allowing time for reflection.
- Breaks between sessions promote increased retention of the material.
- Each session lasts 60 minutes, with approximately 45 minutes of content and 15 minutes for Q&A.
- The compressed format minimizes employee time away from regular duties while providing essential general knowledge of IDEA issues.
- Leveraging the Zoom video-conferencing platform enables training larger groups of employees simultaneously, reducing downtime.
- Access to knowledgeable subject matter experts ensures consistent knowledge transfer across the organization.
Four Essential Topics
This webinar acts as an information session to ensure that everyone is on the same page about the topics of IDEA.
We will explore our own dimensions of diversity and the benefits of creating an inclusive workplace. Participants are encouraged to share and ask questions in the Q&A.
- Differentiate between representation and diversity, and between equity, equality, and inclusion.
- Understand how individual dimensions of diversity impact their worldview and workplace behaviours.
- Describe the business case for developing a work culture that values diversity and is inclusive of all.
- On-demand Available: IDEA Fundamentals - 100R: $69.00 | Enroll Now
Introduction to Unconscious Bias
This webinar tackles one of the most pervasive barriers to inclusion in the workplace: unconscious bias. We will explore the sources and mechanics of bias as well as its impact in the workplace. Participants will leave the session with strategies that they can use to increase awareness and mitigate the impact of bias in the workplace. Participants are encouraged to share and ask questions in the chat box and Q&A.
- Differentiate between bias, stereotype, prejudice, and discrimination
- Evaluate their reliable sources of bias
- Reflect on their biases
- Recognize workplace behaviours and decisions that bias may influence
- Apply strategies to manage the effects of unconscious bias in the workplace
- On-demand Available: Introduction to Unconscious Bias - 101R: $69.00 | Enroll Now
Respect in the Workplace
If left unchecked, disrespectful behaviours can set the path for microaggressions, harassment and discrimination to thrive. That is why employees at all levels need to understand how respect is defined in the workplace, as well as examples of disrespectful behaviour in all of its forms. From this information, we can cultivate strategies to address disrespect effectively in the workplace.
- Interrelate diversity, inclusion, bias, stereotype, and respect
- Assess the behaviours and attitudes that define respect and human dignity
- Distinguish between how different forms of disrespect can appear in the workplace
- Implement suggested strategies for responding to these forms of disrespect based on their role and different situations
- On-demand Available: Respect in the Workplace - 102R: $69.00 | Enroll Now
Microaggressions are extremely common, and for many, a daily occurrence. While they may seem like subtle and small events, they have been shown to have a significant impact on employee mental health and wellbeing in the workplace. This webinar provides participants with a deeper understanding of the types of microaggressions, with examples and case study scenarios. Participants will consider how they can respond as the recipient or witness of a microaggression, as well as how to respond if they have been called out as an initiator.
- Identify different types of microbehaviours
- Apply strategies to respond in difficult situations, as the recipient of disrespectful behaviour, as a manager/people leader, and as the perpetrator
- On-demand Available: Managing Microaggressions - 204R: $69.00 | Enroll Now
We excel to support our clients better.
CCDI Consulting is proud to be recognized for its achievements.